Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a .json/lottie animation into Animate CC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I have an animation, created in After Effects (the original file has since corrupted and cannot be restored) and was exported as an HTML5 .json/lottie file.

My question is, is there any way to import this file into Animate CC and turn it into a movie clip to use in some banners I am creating?

I could create a sprite sheet of the animation but would prefer to import the .json file as it will retail the quality of the .svg file.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

Regards

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Hi Neilb..

Because I read on Lottie that

"Bodymovin is a plugin for After Effects that can export animation in json data format for Lottie to use."

I must say I have no idea yet, maybe this mystery thread Importing Bodymovin into Adobe Animate CC Actionscript 3.0  can be a step into the right direction?

I know, it's from the parallel world of Actionscript 3, but relevant seems to be the mention of ...

"you can use bodymovin directly to html canvas today."

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neilb..

Because I read on Lottie that

"Bodymovin is a plugin for After Effects that can export animation in json data format for Lottie to use."

I must say I have no idea yet, maybe this mystery thread Importing Bodymovin into Adobe Animate CC Actionscript 3.0  can be a step into the right direction?

I know, it's from the parallel world of Actionscript 3, but relevant seems to be the mention of ...

"you can use bodymovin directly to html canvas today."

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lottie Bodymovin plugin is going to be available also for Adobe Animate: https://github.com/airbnb/lottie-web/issues/1604

I hope it can help,

cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines