• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing a video and adding a clickable button in adobe animate (please please help)

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im currently working on a project in which i need to create a video with a clickable component at the end, which will then cause a second video to play- it's meant to function like a 'choose your own adventure' video, with two buttons that will each lead to a different ending. I've already created the video in photoshop, and having created 'buttons' in Animate before i was under the impression that i could easily complete this task in this program. However, i am having difficulty importing the video into Animate in a way that actually allows it to be part of the timeline and have components added to it. I'm beginning to wonder if this is even possible, and if not, what other programs could i use to do this? For extra context, the video in question is about 7 minutes long and involves audio, and it's currently in an mp4 file.

I would really appreciate any help you're able to give as this is a very important project for me and the deadline is fast approaching.

Many thanks,

A.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

for as3:

use three instances (eg, video_1 on frame 1) of an flvplayback component to play each video.

place the first component (video_1 on frame 1 with two buttons (eg, button_1 and button_2) that appear when the video's complete event is triggered.  assign the component source to the initial video:

import fl.video.VideoEvent;

button_1.visible=button_2.visible=false;

video_1.addEventListener(VideoEvent):void{

button_1.visible=true;

button_2.visible=true;

}

button_1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK):voi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as3 or html5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been trying to use as3, but im happy to use whichever will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for as3:

use three instances (eg, video_1 on frame 1) of an flvplayback component to play each video.

place the first component (video_1 on frame 1 with two buttons (eg, button_1 and button_2) that appear when the video's complete event is triggered.  assign the component source to the initial video:

import fl.video.VideoEvent;

button_1.visible=button_2.visible=false;

video_1.addEventListener(VideoEvent):void{

button_1.visible=true;

button_2.visible=true;

}

button_1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK):void{

gotoAndStop(2);

}

button_2.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK):void{

gotoAndStop(3);

}

on frames 2 add another video component and assign it's source to your first ending.

likewise on frame 3 with your 2nd ending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines