Highlighted

Importing assets from Illustrator to Animate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing my first web banner ad. I understand file size has to be less than 150 KB. When I bring type from Illustrator to Animate, (either drag and drop to stage, or copy and paste) it makes the file size much bigger than when I set the same type in Animate. Importing type as type or outlining it makes no difference. Visually, it looks like the correct size. And I immediately make it into a movie clip, same as any type I set in animate. I don't understand why the file size gets blown up? Illustrator is so much better for type-with more control to kern and tweak. Animate apparently doesn't cater much to finessing type. Is there a way to import type and have it the same as Animate type in file size? OR is there a better way to kern text in Animate that I can't find?

TOPICS
Ad development, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing assets from Illustrator to Animate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing my first web banner ad. I understand file size has to be less than 150 KB. When I bring type from Illustrator to Animate, (either drag and drop to stage, or copy and paste) it makes the file size much bigger than when I set the same type in Animate. Importing type as type or outlining it makes no difference. Visually, it looks like the correct size. And I immediately make it into a movie clip, same as any type I set in animate. I don't understand why the file size gets blown up? Illustrator is so much better for type-with more control to kern and tweak. Animate apparently doesn't cater much to finessing type. Is there a way to import type and have it the same as Animate type in file size? OR is there a better way to kern text in Animate that I can't find?

TOPICS
Ad development, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2020 0

Have something to add?