• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Illustrator RGB gets washed out in Animate

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, STILL an issue, 4 years later? UGH... I'm trying to import from RGB Illustrator doc with layers set for all the parts of my animation. All the color dies when it comes in.... this is illustrator (v24.2.3):

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.42.05 AM.png

And this is what it looks like in Animate (v20.5.1)... flat, washed out. Sigh. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.41.55 AM.png

I noticed my original Illustrator document was made as a "Print" document. Even after switching to RGB color space, my default swatches were described in CMYK. I made a NEW RGB Illustrator doc as "Art & Illustration" and default swatches were RGB. Import to Animate and it still converts to flat colors. 

I did copy / paste from Illustrator to Animate. Same flat colors. Left is paste Illustrator file / Right is paste with conversion to bitmap. Same exact "copy" with 2 options on "paste". This makes me sad. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 12.08.05 PM.png

Copy / pasted a few layers to Photoshop, saved out as PNG files. Looks right in PSD, still makes flat color on import to Animate.  

The only way the color stays "bright" is by letting Animate import as "import as a single bitmap image" turning the quality to garbage. The whole point of Flash (Animate) is being able to use vector graphics for small file sizes. I guess Adobe lost that in the rebranding?   

There is no process to import the layers of an Illustrator file as layers into Animate without killing your color? There is no process to keep vectors and good RGB color? When ever a repetitive cycle is made to work around a basic issue, the software is failing. 4 years with a known issue? Adobe is failing. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a brand new illustrator document that's RGB then taking the version that you created in the CMYK and pasting it into the RGB file? Then trying to copy and paste animate. What happens if you start a document in CMYK I've always found the illustrator has a hard time converting it over to RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines