• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing image sequences to Animate CC?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 300 frames of animation that i need distribute to each keyframe. as in each premade frame goes to each keyframe in animate cc. i imported them to the library and selected all, then went to modify>timeline>distribute to keyframes but it was disabled (unclickable.) did i do everything correctly because i searched older forums about flash cc (old version of animate) and everything seemed to be working for other people. please i need help, im still new to the program.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Nice! You're welcome!

And just for reference, I'll leave this gifs here in case some search engine adventurer drop in this thread with the same doubts.

Images to keyframes

animate_cc_images_to_keyframes.gif

Image sequence

animate_cc_images_sequence.gif

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It's because you have to import the images to the stage first (Ctrl + R) and there you can select them all, right-click them and then choose Distribute to keyframes.

Optionally, if your files are named sequentially (ex.: image001, image002, and so on) you just have to select the first one and Animate will prompt you if you want to import the images as a sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: oh, nevermind! the issue has been fixed. thanks for your help!

if i import them to the stage then they are all pasted onto one keyframe. also, my files are named sequentially, but animate never gave me the option to import them as a sequence. (i select all from my files and click import, and it gives me a progress bar on how much has been loaded to the library. then it loads. nothing else happens.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! You're welcome!

And just for reference, I'll leave this gifs here in case some search engine adventurer drop in this thread with the same doubts.

Images to keyframes

animate_cc_images_to_keyframes.gif

Image sequence

animate_cc_images_sequence.gif

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for that answer for hours... I can't believe it Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These anwsers with video gifs are amazingathanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Im super new to this awesome app) Hello Joao Cesar, one more question about this topic: how to export this animated sequence for online stores website (as exmpl)? and what type of the files should I use/select for it?
Thank you in advanse!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these! Unfortunately when I try to do either of these methods, exactly as you demonstrate in the gifs, I just get the first png pasted on one keyframe (even after selecting yes to "Do you want to import all images in the sequence?"). Then when I select the image, right click and select "Distribute to keyframes", it just adds one empty keyframe in front of the one with the single image on it. GIF added for demonstration. Anyone know what might be the problem here? animate_pngsequence_issue.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm really not sure of what's going on.

Does this happen with any images sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your active helping. ı am very new at animate cc and when i have used  ctrl + r and selected all pictures these showed up as nested each other in one keyframe. also  i am Windows user.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You're welcome.

When you select all images, they are imported into one single frame.

So you have to select them all, right-click them and select Distribute to Keyframes (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + K).

Please let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It works. By the way, distrubited files in animate cc not aligned straight, for example first frame's picture is up second one is down. Do you have any recommandation about that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice!

You can use the Align panel (Ctrl/Cmd + K) or the Properties panel (Ctrl/Cmd + F3) to position them correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines