Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Rig

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I dont know if this is possible but basically i have created a rig in an animate file with all the layers parented and call the symbols created with differnt frame pickers for when the charcter turns or for when he talks and i was wondering if it would be possible to import this rig into another animate project keeping everything the way it is

Any help would be good Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

If you select the bunch of layers and right-click you can choose Copy Layers and then paste those same layers (Paste Layes) in your new document. Layer Parenting will be preserved. Layer Parenting is a layer property and not a frame property.

Clipboard-1.png

A better approach would be to create a Graphic Symbol container and put all the character layers inside. Then establish the parent-child relationships and copy/paste this outer container to your new document.

Also, I would suggest that you look into Smart Magnet Rigs as a more viable alternative.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines