Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to change font weight

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I'm having an annoing issue. I can't change the font weigth. It appears blocked. I made a lot of things: reinstall Animate, come back to default settings... etc and I still can't.

I'm working actively in Animate and I am having to create texts in Illustrator and copy-paste them in Animate, but I have to do it everytime I have to make a minimum change.

Please help!!!Captura de pantalla 2019-11-08 a las 11.44.00.png

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Hi,

We have heard this issue from couple of users who have updated to Catalina from previous Mac OS versions. We have no luck yet reproducing this in-house as this doesn’t seems to happen with OS update every time. We are still actively investigating the cause of this issue.

In the meantime couple of users have confirmed that updating Catalina to the latest or Installing Catalina a fresh(not an update on top of the older Mac OS version) help resolve this issue. Could you please try this and see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Hi All 

Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been addressed in the latest update (20.0.2.22168) that we have pushed today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest to avail the fix.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this related to Animate 2020, did it work in Animate 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didn't work in Animate 2019. In fact I updated the version this morning and I was hopping it would be solved, but it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It's working for me in both 2019 and 2020 versions.

So it might be a bug related to your installation and/or OS and/or device.

Please submit this issue here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much JoãoCésar. I have already done. 

I think it's possible not to be a bug, but an option to block the select box and I pressed a keyboard shortcut to it without knowing or something similar, because it started before any software update. It was spontaneous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you can't select bold in ANY font? Does the problem exist in both AS3 and Canvas documents? Does the keyboard shortcut for bold also not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sure. No font at all. Not bold, nor italic, black, narrow... etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because none of the solutions here have helped, and no one was able to reproduce your issue, I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just doing it now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've talked with technical support and they told me it is a known issue happening with Catalina SO so I have to wait until they solve it.

Hope can help to anyone having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have the same problem since upgrading to Catalina.

this is a major headache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe!  Would like to use Animate to create an interactive Kiosk experience, but you are pushing me to use Tumult Hype instead because we can't figure out Character Styles?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Problem fixed with the last update! 👏👏👏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled (Nov 20, 2019 at 10:40am) and it is still not working.

Any thoughts on what you did that I might not be doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Styles still not accessible in Animate CC 2020 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 as of this morning.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! You are right. I can't change font style directly again. This morning I did it but now I can't do it again. I thing it was a copied text from Illustrator, but I'm not sure. Sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying from Illustrator does not work. I have exported PNGs from Photoshop for text. Hopefully this will not increase my file size too much. Adobe needs to get this resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any luck resolving this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone confirm that this issue is still happening with the latest update released this month? I am sharing this feedback with the team, meanwhile.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I still can't. I've checked and I don't have any update for Animate, so I think I have the last one (20.0v)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleeease Adobe! You've got so much time to fix this. Offer us a solution soon, please. It's very hard and time consuming to work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - Catalina OS, iMac, no font weights available in Adobe Animate.  Thank you for writing this up and please we need this fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pablo. Parece que las fuentes intaladas en el mac dan algún tipo de probelma. Quizás hay alguna fuente estropeada, quizás animate no sopoeta tantas fuentes instaldas. Prueba desactivar todas las fuentes y ver si aparece el font weight, y, si aparece, luego activa las fuentes una por una hasta encontrar el problema. Yo también estaba desesperado... Suerte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pero esa no puede ser la solución... Trabajo con fuentes de clientes que no puedo desactivar porque realmente no sé ni donde están los archivos originales y no voy a arriesgarme a perderlas y tener que volver a pedirlas. Además, si no da ningún problema en el resto de apps (Illustrator, Photoshop... etc) no creo que sea un problema de mis fuentes, si no de Animate. 

En cuanto a la cantidad, no va a ser eso porque tengo bastantes pocas. No soy un coleccionista obsesivo de fuentes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pablo.

Si tienes pocas fuentes instaldas, mejor. Eso podría apuntar a que el problema sea una fuente en particular y no la cantidad. No tienes por qué perder las fuentes si las desactivas desde el Catálogo Tipográfico. Puedes desactivarlas y activarlas nuevamente; o puedes desativar la mitad y si no te da problemas, luego probar con la otra mitad y así ir reduciendo el rango hasta encoentrar la causante. Quizás es una única fuente la que da el error en Animate. Yo no sé de quién es el error, no trabajo en Adobe, pero he descubierto que alguna fuente de mi biblioetca genera ese problema. Fue un alivio poder volver a ver los tipos de letra en el panel.   

La verdad es que este problema es bastante desesperante (y hay otro, en la última versión: las imágenes de la biblioteca no muestran los ajustes de compresión). 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines