• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

insert a single blank frame

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new version 21 you cannot select a single frame. Rather than selecting one single frame it selects mulitmule frames. I had to go back to 20.5 in order to do this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see that.

explain the exact steps needed to duplicate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,   I go to select frame and insert a blank frame F7. It works after doing 3 single frames but when I continue and select another single frame it selects multimple frames. Then when I go and try to insert another blank key frame it adds multiple blank frames. This problem keeps happening. We are in the middle of an animation productipon and need to use version 20.5.

If you dont believe me I can provide a video or screen recording of the exact steps I am taking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you open animate

you create a new project (does it matter if it's html5 or as3)

you select frame 2 of the main timeline and you "convert to blank keyframe" (ie, f7)

you select frame 3, press f7

you select frame 4, press f7

all the above works as expected but you then

select frame 5, press f7

and you see what? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that works but try inserting a blank keyframe on frame2 and frame 3 then insert a blank keyframe at frame 10. If you then insert a blank keyframe between 3 and 10 you cannot insert a blank keyframe. This is a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you try to insert blank keyframe between 3 and 10 it selects all the frames and not the one frame you select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least 3 of us have tried to duplicate the issue and cannot.  and you still not supplied enough information to help you (eg, your os, whether this is as or html5 and what settings you have enabled).

so, basic info is needed.  then you need to start a new project and with each step, list it so we can duplicate what you're doing.

because i suspect you're not aware of your settings, reset them to default (https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html). then create a new project etc carefully listing each step as you take it until the problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have this problem either. Are you on a MAC or a Windows OS? I am on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Make sure "Span based selection" in the Timeline hamburger is not active:

Clipboard-1.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your steps running the latest version on Mac Big Sur and can't repro it. 

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines