• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integration of Character Animator (Ch) elements into Animate (An) not possible !

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Being able to import an animated character sequence (from Ch) into Animator (An) seems a must have ! Is there a way ?

There is a real need to be able to integrate easily elements from Character Animator into Animate. It doesn't seem to work. I'm new to the animation industry and I'm starting with Animate (An). I'm very surprised to see the inexistance of integration between the 2 tools, and I'm far from being the only one ! 

Cheers,

Tchak

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I don't want to completely dismiss Character Animator - I'm sure such tools target a specific demographic - but as far as I know it's a stupid little piece of software with a pompous name. An oxymoron, if you wish - a program that has nothing to do with character animation.

Animate, however, is the exact opposite - a serious program with a stupid name.

Also, as far as I know, Character Animator is raster based. Animate is vector based.

So, logically, your request would be more appropriate in the AfterEffects forum.

As a friendly joke: Since you claim to not be the only one being 'very surprised', maybe you should unionise or start a lobby group 🙂

Cheers!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your simple explanation : Yes I have the feeling that Animate is just great and that Character Animator (Ch) only deserves to be an add-on (for some specific use cases like live shows, facial recognition...). But unfortunatly it's not an add-on, it's not even well integrated with Animate.

I did have a look at Cartoon Animator 4 from Reallusion that is not as powerfull as Animate but has a face recognition add-on tool that integrates very well with the main product. 

Why not make a lobby group 😉 I don't know if Adobe has a consistant plan to make Ch working preferably with After Effects (and Premiere). There is some market strategy at stake. I feel that Ch could be agnostic and work well with both. But you seem to have much more experience than me in Animation, I'll vote for you as President 🙂

Cheers,
Tchak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines