• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Canvas Compatability Issues with Safari & Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there compatibility issues with Canvas animations (that have interactivity, like button links) working in Safari or Chrome?

At first, I thought it might have been that I'd somehow stomped on essential code after I imported the generated HTML, a sprite .png file, and .js files into my Dreamweaver site and began manipulating the code around them.

However, I just published the Animate project as is to a folder on my desktop, then attempted to open the file into both Chrome and Safari, and neither work. However it works fine in Firefox.

What gives?

I'm running:

Apple Safari Version 11.0.2 (12604.4.7.1.6)

Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mozilla Firefox Version 57.0.4 (64-bit)

The .fla is just a bunch of buttons with closely-aligned, odd shapes that aren't possible to create any other way (that I can see). No insane animations here, this should be easily handled.

BTW, the responsive HTML5 page I'm ultimately putting this into, is also otherwise VERY simple.

The generated Canvas element also functions fully in Live Preview within Dreamweaver, with button links and hover states working fine too.

From what I understand, OAM files (output from Animate as an alternative to Canvas) are being deprecated, so that doesn't seem a solution (I've never used those anyhow), and I need this to function for longer than five minutes before some goober changes the WC3 standards yet again. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per the Dreamweaver forums, the hitregion api is not supported in the Safari, Edge, or Chrome browsers (hidden behind a flag), and they theorize that this is why you can't create the interactive buttons that Adobe CLAIMS you can, in a canvas document.

I still need to know if there's a workaround for this, otherwise weeks of work will be useless.

If not, then Adobe needs to stop stating in it's documentation that making interactive buttons inside a canvas element is a possibility. At a minimum, that information should come with HEAVY caveats that MOST browsers don't support interactivity generated by Animate CC.

I would appreciate SOMEONE actually responding from Adobe on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucy5by5  wrote

If not, then Adobe needs to stop stating in it's documentation that making interactive buttons inside a canvas element is a possibility. At a minimum, that information should come with HEAVY caveats that MOST browsers don't support interactivity generated by Animate CC.

Your assertion IS completely ridiculous. Buttons in Animate HTML5 Canvas documents work perfectly well in all modern browsers. The CreateJS guys wouldn't very well have come up with a button implementation that didn't work in most browsers. The entire point of it is that it's a cross-browser canvas animation library. It doesn't even use the hitRegion API.

As for the original poster's issue, I can't speak for Safari, but Chrome has known security sandbox issues with running certain content locally. In fact Animate even warns you of this every time you publish: "Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system." That's why testing from within Animate runs the page through a local http server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well sorry, but I’m just telling you what I’m seeing. Just scoffing and calling it “ridiculous” isn’t exactly helpful.

All the rollovers and links work find in Firefox, but not in Safari, Chrome, or Edge. All the code was generated by Animate. I made no changes to it, I simply output it via Publish.

I used pre-canned code snippets, ex:

this.PageName.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_1);

function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_1() {

window.open(“PageName.html", "_self");

}

That’s it, man.

As for the hitRegion API, I’m simply relaying what was theorized as the potential problem from the Dreamweaver forum guys, because there’s nothing else in my code that could be stomping on it, since even the raw pages generated directly from Animate, don’t work in most browsers.

If you or anyone else has a real solution, I'd love to hear it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar problem only not with buttons. The images are all messed up in chrome but work fine in Firefox. The wrong images load when viewing the page. The file test fine, but the published file doesn't display properly in a chrome. But works fine in Fierfox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines