Highlighted

Interactive Film in Animate?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a short interactive film that will feature moments where the viewer can click buttons onscreen that represent choices for the main character (almost like an RPG); once a button is clicked, it will display the next scene. Originally I was going to do this in Animate, but I’ve realized that the footage needs to be imported to the stage in an image sequence. This is no good to me however as I have added sound to the film scenes in AfterEffects. If anybody could help me out it would be much appreciate.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JosephLabrecque | Adobe Community Professional

You can load external video through components in HTML5 Canvas and then use button components to overlay atop the video - only displaying them at specific timecode. You can even style everything via the CSS component.

Only drawback (possibly) would be that you'd have to write a bit to JavaScript to monitor playback and listen for button clicks and change the button values as appropriate.

Can definitely be done though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive Film in Animate?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a short interactive film that will feature moments where the viewer can click buttons onscreen that represent choices for the main character (almost like an RPG); once a button is clicked, it will display the next scene. Originally I was going to do this in Animate, but I’ve realized that the footage needs to be imported to the stage in an image sequence. This is no good to me however as I have added sound to the film scenes in AfterEffects. If anybody could help me out it would be much appreciate.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JosephLabrecque | Adobe Community Professional

You can load external video through components in HTML5 Canvas and then use button components to overlay atop the video - only displaying them at specific timecode. You can even style everything via the CSS component.

Only drawback (possibly) would be that you'd have to write a bit to JavaScript to monitor playback and listen for button clicks and change the button values as appropriate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 1