Highlighted

Interpolate matrix exported with texture atlas

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm trying to play animation in game engine, reading texture atlas data exported in Animate.

I read the "animation.json" file to generate mesh for animation. Since "DecomposedMatrix" lacks skew data, I use the "Matrix3D" property.

The newest Animate version export only key frames instead of all frames, so I need to make interpolation between two key frames.

But when I using normal interpolation algorithm between two "Matrix3D" from two key frames, the animation seems different with origonal animation.  When I use texture atlas data exported from older version of Animate, which exports all frames, it works well.

So, what is the right way to make interpolation for matrix? Do I need to decompose the matrix into position, rotation, scale and skew data and make interpolation seperately?

TOPICS
Code, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interpolate matrix exported with texture atlas

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm trying to play animation in game engine, reading texture atlas data exported in Animate.

I read the "animation.json" file to generate mesh for animation. Since "DecomposedMatrix" lacks skew data, I use the "Matrix3D" property.

The newest Animate version export only key frames instead of all frames, so I need to make interpolation between two key frames.

But when I using normal interpolation algorithm between two "Matrix3D" from two key frames, the animation seems different with origonal animation.  When I use texture atlas data exported from older version of Animate, which exports all frames, it works well.

So, what is the right way to make interpolation for matrix? Do I need to decompose the matrix into position, rotation, scale and skew data and make interpolation seperately?

TOPICS
Code, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2019 0

Have something to add?