Highlighted

iOS Simulator on Animate?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, a question for the Animate community --

After searching the forums both here and on the web, there is really no modern discussion on iOS Simulator.  When I load up my app that's worked on iOS devices for three years, the simulator does a weird rotation thing and I can't get accurate screenshots to submit to the App Store.  (Thanks to one of the other contributors here, I finally figured out how to get the app on a particular simulator device through a very ridiculous process.)  Has anyone seen this / have a solution?  I have the correct settings in the Adobe Air for iOS publish window (Full Screen, Landscape, etc.)

On a larger note, is this something that is in development from Adobe?  Are we any closer to not having to manually develop the assets.car file (where there's almost no documentation within the Adobe Animate app)?  Has anyone else moved on to another platform for development in their frustration?

Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone Xʀ - 2019-06-17 at 21.42.29.png

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iOS Simulator on Animate?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, a question for the Animate community --

After searching the forums both here and on the web, there is really no modern discussion on iOS Simulator.  When I load up my app that's worked on iOS devices for three years, the simulator does a weird rotation thing and I can't get accurate screenshots to submit to the App Store.  (Thanks to one of the other contributors here, I finally figured out how to get the app on a particular simulator device through a very ridiculous process.)  Has anyone seen this / have a solution?  I have the correct settings in the Adobe Air for iOS publish window (Full Screen, Landscape, etc.)

On a larger note, is this something that is in development from Adobe?  Are we any closer to not having to manually develop the assets.car file (where there's almost no documentation within the Adobe Animate app)?  Has anyone else moved on to another platform for development in their frustration?

Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone Xʀ - 2019-06-17 at 21.42.29.png

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this feature in the near roadmap at least. I suggest making a feature request with the team using this link Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response, Preran -- has anyone seen this kind of rotation error in the simulator ONLY?  When it is actually on the devices, it works flawlessly.  (Which is really more of my original question.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the delay in my response. I am not an expert on this topic, was doing my best to help. I am hoping that the other contributors here have a better idea than I do.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Preran, this has been happening for a while -- see this thread please from over a year ago.  Reverting to previous XCode versions won't work for an app store submission as I need to submit screenshots on *modern* devices from the simulator.

iOS app rotation broken

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2019 0
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest letting the team know of your request using this form Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 0