Highlighted

iPad no Icon (latest Animate CC + Air 32)

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published an app wich works except the icon. I defined ALL icons in the deployment-settings within Animate CC (all PNGs) but they are not showing up. Fun Fact: The PNG I defined via the plist is working and visible during the install process but after the installation finished, the icon breaks again. What I'm missing in here?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

This is an old topic, but in case anyone chances across it (like I just did), iOS 11 and later need the icons to be in an Assets.car file. I would still include them in the xml for older iOS though. I spent quite a bit of time trying to use Xcode to make the Assets.car file, but didn't succeed. But, this online tool did a good job:

IOS Icon File Assets.car Generate Online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPad no Icon (latest Animate CC + Air 32)

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published an app wich works except the icon. I defined ALL icons in the deployment-settings within Animate CC (all PNGs) but they are not showing up. Fun Fact: The PNG I defined via the plist is working and visible during the install process but after the installation finished, the icon breaks again. What I'm missing in here?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

This is an old topic, but in case anyone chances across it (like I just did), iOS 11 and later need the icons to be in an Assets.car file. I would still include them in the xml for older iOS though. I spent quite a bit of time trying to use Xcode to make the Assets.car file, but didn't succeed. But, this online tool did a good job:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe this will work:

<icon>

<image76x76>Icon-76.png</image76x76>

<image152x152>Icon-152.png</image152x152>

</icon>

<iPhone>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

<assetsCar>Assets.car</assetsCar>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>CFBundleIconName</key>

<string>AppIcon</string>

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array><string>2</string></array>

]]></InfoAdditions>

</iPhone>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an asset.car?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2019 0