• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it legal right now to get macromedia flash 8 for free from random websites ?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as the title suggests , would it be legal for me to download macromedia flash 8 for free from random websites or would it be considered a crime ?

thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

No it isn't. In addition, you are subjecting  your computer to the risk of malware.

I would recommend downloading a trial version of Adobe Animate CC Buy Adobe Animate CC | Flash and 2D animation software and if you like it, purchase a monthly subscription or annual subscription based on your requirements.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it isn't. In addition, you are subjecting  your computer to the risk of malware.

I would recommend downloading a trial version of Adobe Animate CC Buy Adobe Animate CC | Flash and 2D animation software and if you like it, purchase a monthly subscription or annual subscription based on your requirements.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take therapy, quit computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, but people have the actual installers with the correct serials, and I love Adobe Animate, but using it in Wine, it won't install, so I have to use Macromedia Flash 8 and Adobe Flash CS5 (But Macromedia is MUCH faster). 

If it was malware, someone might've cracked the trial, that's no good.

I use ZorinOS with Wine, and that's sweet because stuff runs fast in Zorin OS. 

I hope you have a great day.
Also, here's an animation I made.

From,

Aleph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash 8 isn't legal, but I saw that Macromedia Flash MX 2004, which is an older version by two years, IS legally free, as the serial code for activation is on Adobe's website itself. The download unfortunately isn't on Adobe's website, but you can find another website and use VirusTotal online to scan the download. Error, "Unable to Activate" in Macromedia legacy products is a link for the serial code for activating the product, and here's a screenshot of me using Flash MX 2004 below. Hope this helps more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines