• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to manipulate fla files before they are published to swf using ActionScript? It's like how the After Effects script works.

Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animateCCquestion.png

During the production of animations, the schedule is so urgent that we have to carry out both character design and animation at the same time.

So, I tried to visualize the function as above to quickly respond to the retake.

Please review your ability to implement this functionality with ActionScript.

Below, I have outlined some specific methods and procedures for implementing this idea.

------------------------------

1. In Illustrator cc, the image of the sprite sheet in which the pose of the character is arranged at regular intervals is made into a vector and is loaded into Scene 1 of the animated cc.

2. Use ActionScript to determine the screen coordinates of Scene1 and specify the areas of the rectangle surrounding each character pose image.

3. In the above image, since the table is formed in 6x5 format, 30 areas will be specified in total and can be used like a two-dimensional array.

4. The vector character pose in each area is sent to the address specified in ActionScript (specific frames of symbols in different scenes).

5. Now on this state, Animators will use frame picker to animate.

6. If we don't have ActionScript, we have created an animation, but when we do a design retake, we need to copy, paste, and adjust the position of the each character pose sources one by one in order to update the sources again. There are dozens and hundreds of scenes and poses to update.

7. However, if we can do this with ActionScript, we will be able to quickly respond to design retakes that occur after the animation is complete.

------------------------------

I don't have any programming experience yet, but if i see the possibility of creating these features myself, then I think it will be a motivation for studying ActionScript in the future.

Thank you.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, thanks for letting us know the keyword JSFL.

With a little bit of searching, JSFL has certainly confirmed that it can handle Animate's command functions, scenes, symbols, instances, etc., for production in FLA units, rather than for published SWFs. This will baking the results.

On the other hand, ActionScript keeps working in real time in a published SWF. Clearly different from JSFL.

JSFL is equivalent to working with Adobe Extend Script in After Effects. (Or the same concept as Python Script working in Maya, 3dsMax, Blender)

Yes, I wanted this.

Did I understand correctly about difference between ActionScript and JSFL?

I will do more searching for JSFL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet!

your first sentence, which specifically summarizes what JSFL can do, is impressive to me.

Especially 'any kind of FLA modification' is a powerful motivation for me.

Thanks to your answers, I can specifically imagine my future in providing scripts to the Design & Art team.

The scripting / programming journey to go ahead will not be as tedious as the compulsory school classes, as it is not vague as before.

This will lower the probability of giving up.

On the other hand,

I don't know about the AVM compiler as you mentioned, but I guess it will help the design & anim team to share the hundreds of swf footage with the comp & edit team up-to-date.

Very interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVM is the actionscript engine.

compile SWF from command line:

https://www.swfmill.org/

search xmlmc too and others.

Check if these projects can be updated to the last Flash / Air version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

If I understood correctly, you want to bring a series of char poses set in a grid position from Illustrator and then distribute them as keyframes inside of Animate CC? Is this correct?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's correct. That is my intention.

Note : the grid can actually exist by the ruler function, but our current character pose source is a single vector image(ai file from adobe illustrator) and the characters are listed at regular intervals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about bringing your grid of characters - each character being a separate group -, paste or import this grid into Animate then right-clicking this grid and choosing Distritube to Keyframes (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + K)?

Does it work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My home computer doesn't have Adobe products installed.

Let's spend this weekend and test your solution next Monday.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested the Distribute to Keyframes method and found the limitations and possibilities.

- Limitations

The issue of propagating pauses to each frame has been resolved, but for animators using the frame picker feature, there remains an issue where each pose should be stacked at one point. There are still dozens and hundreds of repetitive tasks in the project because of the various poses and many scenes.

- Possibility

When scripting with JSFL, using Distribute to Keyframes seems to be able to reduce the complexity of the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines