• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to acquire Flash CS3?

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously I don't mean pirating. I'm looking to get a few copies for staff. I've vetted out several versions of Flash and Animate, and CS3 works the smoothest with our pipeline, so now I'm trying to get more copies of it. Is there any way to do this with a CC subscription? Or purchase seperately?

I wish I could use Adobe Animate, last time I attempted using it it seems to be a cocktail of problems. (But has great export featues!) Which is too bad, Flash used to be such a powerful tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Animate seems to be in a downward death spiral.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really unfortunate. Photoshop seems to be getting better and better with each iteration. And I'm happy with all my other Adobe tools, but Flash/Animate seems to be the exception.

There's a niche in the industry to have an effective, and designer friendly animation tool (Harmony is great. . . but quite a bit more complex than most people need!) Flash was the perfect tool for the job! What we need is Animate to be the best version of Flash, rather than, well, rather than what it currently is. : (

That said, I'm probably SOL for getting copies of CS3. . . Might have to go back to the drawing board and see what other solutions we can come up with. : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more or less in the same boat, mate. Stuck with CS6.

I've invested 20+ years perfecting my skills and 10 extending Flash and trying to contribute to the understanding and refinement of the processes that can help produce better-quality animation.

It's truly heart-breaking to witness how this legendary software is being destroyed.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last year, i moved to unity3d for creating mobile apps when adobe handed-off its air sdk to harmon. 

unity is a sophisticated platform, there's lots of support including many tutorials and has an active user-base.  the only thing it lacks (that i wish it had and that animate has) is the ability to draw within unity.  you have to draw elsewhere (illustrator works well) and import.  it has many features that animate lacks.

and coding with c# (the language used by unity) is mature and very similar to many other languages (including actionscript), though you can also use javascript.  i knew a lot more javascript that c# when i started (which isn't saying much because i knew zero c#), but still went with c# because it has many more classes and is more similar to actionscript in structure which i know sounds funny because actionscript started as modified javascript (i think).

one extrordinary bonus: the nightmare (for me) and getting animate apps onto google play and itunes disappears when using animate.  (after creating the project on my pc, i move it to my macbook to create the itunes app.  all the signing/keystore/profile stuff is handled automatically by opening the project files in xcode (double click the .proj file that unity publishes).  in xcode, click mange>archive and like magic, the project's signed, has the correct profile and is uploaded to the correct location.  it works so well, i have no idea what is going on in the background because there's never been a problem that i've had to resolve.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you've had luck with Unity. I'm getting into it to do AR. 

I do find it to be rough testing on my iOS device though. I thought flash did a great job of letting me test straight on my iphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines