• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to calculate area of selected parts in Adobe Animate?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm student who just started self-studying Adobe Animate in order to make 2d animation composed by handdrawn outlines.

I'm having difficulty in maintaining consistency of volume(area?) of the animated object: I tried to deal with it by guessing and handworking, but I'm wondering if there would be a better solution.

Is there a calculating tool for knowing area value of / closed parts made by outlines/ or selected parts/ or colored parts / in Adobe Animate?

I'm asking this because I think that ability to access to the accurate value will help a lot.

I appreciate your reading. I will wait for your answers. Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Maintaining volume / surface in 2D during squash & stretch is just an approximation.

Just do animation exercises without worrying too much - bouncing balls, flour sacks, simple takes, jumping characters.

As the saying goes: Everyone has 100 000 bad drawings in them. The sooner you get them out the better.

There are many technical aspects to animation, but you really need to have good intuitive judgement of perceived volume. And the fewer crutches you have, the faster you will develop that.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I see... I'll keep working on developing my intuition by now

Thank you for your answering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines