• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a way way to change pressure size to something like preassure opacity?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so for context my collage proffessor has given us an assignment where we have to recreate this complex painting in adobe animate, he suggested that we should use gradients to mimic photoshop's soft brushes, so I was wondering if there was a way to change how the brush tool works with a pen and tablet, so I can simulate the effect using opacity/or otherwise known alpha. 

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try using the Classic Brush Tool with a linear gradient for the fill. Go to the Color panel, select the Fill, and change its type from Solid to Linear Gradient. If you want to try it out with black, make both stops of the gradient black, but change the right one's alpha to 0. The pressure setting won't affect the application of the alpha--only the size of the brush--so you could use the linear gradient with or without a tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines