• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue when exporting images and symbols to texture since latest update.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project for over 2 months now creating various sized banners for a client. Since the 20.5 update however I've experienced some major issues when previewing and publishing my ad units.

My banners were setup to publish the assets as a texture and would spit out the atlas with all my symbols. It would play correctly on any browser I tested it in and looked perfect. Now, when exporting or previewing, my animation is completely off, with some symbols being way thicker than they should be (they are SVGs) and placed in incorrect positions, same goes for some of my static text. Very annoying issue. I was able to kind of resolve the issue by changing the publish settings from texture to spritesheet, however this isn't the ideal solution for me as I have SVGs I am using that now look different in each browser, as opposed to when it was a texture. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Ad development , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share sample fla file with which you are facing this issue?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan,

Working on a sample fla file now.

I'll also add that it seems like each time I export using the texture setting, the produced atlas keeps "changing", in that sometimes it will include some of my assets, and other times it will include different ones. It never spits out a complete atlas (I know it used to as I have copies of the banners saved and the atlas in those include all my assets). The assets that get published to the atlas seem to change each time I preview the unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing further research, seems like the issue could be tied to the latest update with the "Selective texture publishing". Any way to disable this feature? Seems like its not publishing all my symbols into my atlas, despite me setting it to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Wanted to update that the issue with the font & inconsistent atlas is addressed in the latest update (20.5.1 #31044) that is pushed live some days ago.

Please update your version of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud Desktop application to avail the fix - let me know if you still face any other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is due to a known issue related to selective texture publishing in latest version of Animate and we are currenty working on the fix.

In the interim, could you please try the workaround that I have suggested ? Kindly check your inbox for the steps.

I hope that helps - let me know if you have any further queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines