Highlighted

Issues with FLV Playback Skins in Animate 2020

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else having issues with the FLV Video Playback skins in Animate 2020 (v20.5.0). If I try to add video using File > Import Video (on a Mac), I'm taken to the Import Video chooser, which works fine, but in step 2, I can select, but not preview any of the FLV Playback UI Skins. If I continue and then output a swf or projector, I get an error on playback stating that the playback skin .swf is not a supported file type. If I go back to Animate 2019 (19.2.1), there are no issues. I can preview the playback UI skins when I go to File > Import Video and they display correctly when I render the .swf. Is this a bug with the latest version of Animate or am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with FLV Playback Skins in Animate 2020

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else having issues with the FLV Video Playback skins in Animate 2020 (v20.5.0). If I try to add video using File > Import Video (on a Mac), I'm taken to the Import Video chooser, which works fine, but in step 2, I can select, but not preview any of the FLV Playback UI Skins. If I continue and then output a swf or projector, I get an error on playback stating that the playback skin .swf is not a supported file type. If I go back to Animate 2019 (19.2.1), there are no issues. I can preview the playback UI skins when I go to File > Import Video and they display correctly when I render the .swf. Is this a bug with the latest version of Animate or am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add the flv playback to your stage and use the component settings panel to assign a skin and source.  any problems?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help, kglad. It seems like it's working now, but I'm not sure why.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0