• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with uploading HTML Canvas files to server

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created an HTML5 canvas web interactive in Adobe Animate which works offline and when uploaded to our own server: https://www.muddypublishing.com/greatjoss5/greatjoss.html

However, when the client uploads the files to their server it will not work. They get a blank screen with the  error message: 

Mac OS X  2~�ATTR���com.apple.lastuseddate#PSI�]��D

The client has sent a screen grab of the file set up on their server and everything looks in order. I have run the page in the JavaScript console but nothing shows up. 

Can anyone offer any advise?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Code , Error , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you upload files to their server (with your non-problematic browser) using the canvas files on their server?

and does the client see a jibberish error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I do not have access to their server for security reasons. 

The files upload to their server ok, it is just that they do not run in the browser.

Only this text appears:

Mac OS X  2~�ATTR���com.apple.lastuseddate#PSI�]��D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it's either a browser security issue or a server security issue.  because you can't test, i don't see how you can isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help with this. Just wanted to let you know that the problem was solved by doing a new export from Adobe Animate but in the publish settings I unchecked the option ‘Hosted Libraries’. The clients server security was agreeable with this and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines