• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It’s funny we still have to pay for this in 2021

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean come on. What an absolute JOKE. You know why it's a joke? Because you can do pretty much the same thing AND MORE in Blender.

If you don't know what Blender is, it's a 3D modeling and animation software that recently added the ability to animate 2d things. You can make  movies on par with Disney and Pixar in animation quality. And guess what, it's completely free. Sure you'd maybe have to pay for a specific program made by another person if you want a VERY specific thing, but you can do everything without spending a dime.

And here comes Adobe with the rent a program.

You know, I'm always seeing people defend this subscription bs because it "helps the company". And yet Blender has been out since 2002! Has been free the entire time and is still around. Meanwhile Adobe and the people supporting its subscription are over here acting like the company will keel over and die if it doesn't get it's $9.99 a month or whatever you cucks are charging people.

I remember when I first started paying for photoshop, it was nice. Wasn't able to open photoshop after the first day, money well spent right? What a fantastic payed "professional" software. And now I'm using free programs like Krita and have had zero problems.

Adobe, you guys are a joke.

TOPICS
Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enjoy Blender. It's a great tool. Worth noting:

Blender is a single product.
Adobe offers over 50. Their mobile apps are free including the massive creative network known as Behance and Portfolio which also includes daily live streams from the best of the best (again free).

Blender employs 24 people.
Adobe employs over 21,000 and is a Fortune 500 company.

Just because one single company is able to offer their product free based on a completely different business model doesn't mean all software companies need to follow suit. Makes zero sense. If Adobe decided, after reading your post, to have a meeting and determined "Yeah, that Gage dude makes a lot of sense." and removed the subscription cloud service, can you imagine what would happen?
Massive layoffs.
Product updates become extremely sparse.
An entire suite of products has to then be privately funded.

But you'd be happy. Sure, many of us would be okay with not paying but then again many of us have clients that hire us to create for them and that does more than pay for the tools we love to use. Oh and the fact that most clients request Adobe-based files for the work we create for them. I personally have yet to see a client requirement where Blender is listed.

I totally hear your point but it feels a lot like you are just venting about having to pay for a product. I used to be a mechanic and never once did I complain about having to buy my wrenches and demand that an entrepreneur fund the wrench company so they can simply give them to me for free. It's not exactly how 99% of the world market works - but we can dream of a world where everything is free because 1% of it is rich enough to pay for everything on our behalf.

But like Adobe, I'm just joking 🙂

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines