• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It works when I scrub in timeline but goes super weird when I publish (CMD+Enter)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Hope someone can help a newby to Animate CC.

I have a been working on a project and have been teaching myself through youtube so am not very experienced in Animate. 

I want to know why something looks fine when I scrub through timeline, even when I press enter to let it run through. But when I press CMD+Enter (is that called publishing?) it goes super weird! 

To provide a bit more detail, it is a ladybird which should be following a path. The ladybird is sometimes still, sometimes moving and sometimes flying. The latter two are Movie Clips. (moving legs and flapping wings) When I publish they are doing their MC thing (walking or flapping) but they are not moving along the path. They just jump to the end of the path instead of moving along it. 

I just dont get how it could be going perfectly until I publish. 

Any help would be appreciated... please answer me like I know pretty much nothing, because I do! (ie please don't be too technical!)

Thanks in advance!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

If you link to your source file (FLA) I will be willing to look into it.

Apart from that everything else would be just guesswork.

At this stage my only suggestion is to avoid Movie Clips and switch all of those to Graphic - you need to do this in each keyframe. Then see if the behaviour changes to match the exported SWF.

Also avoid Motion tweens and only use Classic tweens.

Not all, but most YouTube tutorials are really bad, so be careful who you take advice from, esp. at these early stages when you don't quite know what you're doing.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines