• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged lines

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lines made with the Brush tool in Adobe Animate are jagged. This has only started happening recently. This only happens in Adobe Animate, and not Adobe Photoshop or anything else I've tried.

I use a Huion GT-221 Pro and have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.

Increasing the smoothing doesn't do much to improve results, and is only a surface fix for a deeper problem.

I don't know what else to try honestly. Older posts (6+ months) with similar problems only instruction seems to be to wait for the next version.

Attached are several lines drawn at various speeds in Photoshop and Animate. The lines in Animate are too jagged and those jags are too regular, irrespective of the speed at which the line was drawn.

adobe lines.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In View > Preview Mode try changing the settings if you haven't already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for saving my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have the Brush tool selected, what does it say in the Properties pane under Smoothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar issue to this. I've ran a CPU test and GPU test and have passed them both. CPU is not overheated , GPU is fine as well. Does any have any idea what may cause this? I've included a video for this as well.

Thank you for your help

System Specs.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/26/17 18:11:07 Ver: 05.0000C (type: BIOS)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16314MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 1070

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Key:

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 16244 MB

Dedicated Memory: 8088 MB

Shared Memory: 8156 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that I noticed that this only seems to occur when I am watching a video on my third monitor while Im drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

You have not mentioned your input device, but from what I see your issue differs from that of the person starting the topic.

To trouble-shoot, first you have to identify if you get the same behaviour if you use mouse instead of your drawing tablet.

If mouse behaves the same way, then I'd say that your system is lagging. Every few seconds it literally halts for a moment.

Try killing all processes that run in background, disable anti-virus, etc.

Also try installing Flash CS6 alongside recent An CC to see if there is any difference.

You need to isolate where the problem is coming from.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines