• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript error "Uncaught TypeError: this._renderFirstFrame is not a function"

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been tasked with making basic HTML5 ads in Animate CC that will be placed in StackAdapt (a social media manager). I animated, added a click tag / button, as well as actions, and my export seemed successful. But when I added it to StackAdapt, I got the error:

"Uncaught TypeError: this._renderFirstFrame is not a function"

I see that line of code in the JS published file, but I have no idea what to do in Animate to fix the problem. In case its important, I'm running Catalina and Animate 20.0.3. I've also reached out to StackAdapt, but not sure they can help. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Ad development , Code , How to , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before adding anything to or from stackadapt, is there an error in your browser's developer console?

if so, you probably have a mismatched parenthesis, curly bracket or something similar.  check the code just prior to the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! I'm new to Animate, so I'm sorry if this is something simple. Animate Output read this after Publishing, and I don't know what it means (particularly the first part):

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 9.04.51 AM.png

When I opened the JS file in Dreamweaver, this section was marked with errors, but again I don't know what it's asking me to do:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 9.01.34 AM.png

Thank you for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megataqua,

did you solve the problem? I´ve got the same message and can´t find a soluton 😞 Can you help me? Thank you very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

metataqua appears to have an extraneous curly bracket at line 796.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

thanx for your answer. I can´t find such an error in my code, but I solved the problem by installing an older version of animate cc and then it runs 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then the error was likely due to the version of createjs you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, It happened to be that I was using an older version of the CreateJS library, pointing to the latest cdn or downloading the last js available should do the trick.

Or maybe it was not included in your html in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines