• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JS Template Issues on Export for HTML5 Banners

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our office uses Animate to make HTML5 Banner ads. Since I upgraded from 2019 to 2020 Animate, my exports would not display the ad, even while the Google HTML5 Validator indicates everything is in order. Upon comparing .js files exported from 2019 and 2020 versions of Animate, I've discovered the code that either needed to be added to or removed from the 2020 export for it to work. 

this._renderFirstFrame();
this.instance.parent = this;
this.ctaBtn.parent = this;
this.instance_1.parent = this;
this.instance_2.parent = this;
}).prototype = p = new createjs.Stage();
}).prototype = p = new createjs.StageGL();
getStage: function() { return exportRoot.getStage();},
getStage: function() { return exportRoot.stage; },

Of course this may differ based on the assets you have in your banner, but I was able to make it work if I removed all instances of the below and change createjs.StageGL to createjs.Stage, which I assume will be consistent in any export.

I'm not well versed in javascript, so I'm not sure why this code is new for 2020 and/or why it breaks files originally created in 2019.

Hopefully this helps anyone else having a similar issue. My question for Adobe: is this a new export template for 2020 and if so, is there some setting that is generating this code that I can adjust?

TOPICS
Ad development , Code , Error , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

if the following line breaks your code, it's because you must have used an older createjs library, and it doesn't have _renderFirstFrame() method. Just make sure you use the latest createjs library.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue and am able to manually adjust the .js file as mentioned above to remedy. I would also like to know if there is a setting that I can adjust in publish settings to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issues on my end. Recently had to update some of the animations which were created with an older version of Animate. Using the latest version, when exporting the files again:
The animation plays fine until reaching the last frame. Some of the symbols disappear, and part of the animation resets to the first frame.
As above mentioned tried to apply those changes, unfortunately same results. I also noticed that earlier version of Animate adds lines like this one this.instance.parent = this; in the symbols. Added those back in the new exported js, but still no difference.
Anyone else experiencing similar issues where upon reaching last frame symbols disappear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the following line breaks your code, it's because you must have used an older createjs library, and it doesn't have _renderFirstFrame() method. Just make sure you use the latest createjs library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This solved it. Current libraries here from google for anyone else with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines