• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JSFL manual update

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working for the last few months on a personal JSFL project for automating some different procedures in my own workflow so I've studied in depth the current manual (https://help.adobe.com/archive/en_US/flash/cs5/flash_cs5_extending.pdf) but, besides being really out of date (2013), it is not enough precise in many definitions of the API. Some examples:

- "elementType" property of Element Objects: the list of possible values of the property shows a "shapeObj" type but I can't figure out what it is, since is a separate type from "shape" type. Is this a real thing or an error? Is it still in the API? And if yes, what is it for?

- "isFloating" method of Shape Objects: no idea what the description of the method means, nor what the returned value represents.

These are for me the most annoying cases, but there are many others. So what I'm asking here is: is there somewhere a new version of the manual? It could really use an update right now.

Even someone that knows at least those two cases could help XD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

My guess was that "shape Obj" is used to distinct the ordinary shapes from "primitives", but...I was wrong

I think, this is obsolete and is replaced with "shape" + "isDrawingObject"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best guess is that "shapeObj" is a shape created in Object Drawing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first thought too, but it came out during tests that shapes, either in object or merge drawing mode, and groups are all of type "shape". So "shapeObj" is still a mystery. On the other hand I believe that a type called "shapeObj" MUST have a correlation with object drawing mode in some way, otherwise it won't have any sense. So maybe it could be a remnant of a previous iteration of the API. If that would be correct, then the manual really needs an update (if it's not already been done, but it hasn't as far as I know).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess was that "shape Obj" is used to distinct the ordinary shapes from "primitives", but...I was wrong

I think, this is obsolete and is replaced with "shape" + "isDrawingObject"

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's the only logic conclusion I'm afraid that's a shame, why don't they update the manual? JSFL is so cool, and CEP technologies has got it a new rush. Not to mention that the entire API could be updated at least at ECMA 5, there is not even JSON.parse() and JSON.stringify() natively but that would be asking too much I guess XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you debug JSFL files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines