Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JSFL to change output folder for Canvas FLA

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Still working through the wonderful world of JSFL in CEP extensions. But just wondering. Is there a call to change the template that my Canvas FLA is using and also change the export folder via JSFL? Been looking through the old 2013 doc but it hasn't been the best of help so far. Don't suppose there is a changelog or an docs for JSFL?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Hi Zinc,

I'm starting to work too, with CEP and jsfl... with some big difficulties,
but about pure jsfl,  peharps can I help you.

I think you can try this :
1 / First you have to prepare a good publish profile, with the path you want tou use,
something like  output path : "../folderBlaBla/yourFile" (in publication parameters)
2 / Then export it as a new publish profile (it will save an "yourProfile.apr"  ) 
3 / And then using jsfl :

• document.importPublishProfile( "fileURI  ... bla /.../yourProfile.apr")

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There have been recent promises from the dev team for full updated JSFL documentation and searchable data base becoming available soon.

How soon and how useful it will be, we'll have to wait to see.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

I think that our pioneering work on EDAP Tools and the hype that has been building around our project in recent years has had reinvigorating effect and the team got excited again about the possibilities of seriously extending Animate and this in turn contributing to improving and growing the popularity of the product after the big blows it took because of its association with the Flash Player browser plugin.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zinc,

I'm starting to work too, with CEP and jsfl... with some big difficulties,
but about pure jsfl,  peharps can I help you.

I think you can try this :
1 / First you have to prepare a good publish profile, with the path you want tou use,
something like  output path : "../folderBlaBla/yourFile" (in publication parameters)
2 / Then export it as a new publish profile (it will save an "yourProfile.apr"  ) 
3 / And then using jsfl :

• document.importPublishProfile( "fileURI  ... bla /.../yourProfile.apr")
  • or document.importPublishProfileString(xmlString) if you change "yourProfile.apr",  to "yourProfile.zip" and unzip it, and so it's a simple xml, and can edit it.

And that should do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip @Nardonardo

I was hoping to change the export folder as I was creating a new document however via JSFL witha  paramater that I am sending. But I think you've giving me another idea. I think there was a exportPublishProfileAsString command or something to that effect. Perhaps I could export the standard as xml, change the output folder node and then import that publish profile. Just thinking out loud but thanks for the point in the right direction I think. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines