Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep the edge of a figure fixed to animate it

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a problem when animating this scene.

I would like to lift the blue face towards the orange face but keeping the edge (red reference) fixed. As if it were a lid.

Now it seems that animate maintains a fixed point in the center of the figure and I don't know how to move it.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

For something as simple as this, just move the Transformation Point to the edge.

The Transformation point is the little white circle. You can move it with the Free Transform Tool (Q-tool).

Do this first, then create a second keyframe and skew; then apply a Classic Tween.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Using the Free Transform Tool (Q-tool) move the little whitre circle, which represents the Transformation point to be on the edge (your red line).

Do this in the first Keyframe, then create a second Keyframe and skew your symnol.

Then activate Classic Tween between the two keys.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Using the Free Transform Tool (Q-tool) move the little whitre circle, which represents the Transformation point to be on the edge (your red line).
Do this in the first Keyframe, then create a second Keyframe and skew your symnol.
Then activate Classic Tween between the two keys.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Free Transform tool to select the object. Then move the white circle (transform point) to where you want it to be fixed. Alternatively, you can enter a symbol and shift the entire contents so the registration point is registered at another space (or, really the content is what is shifting - but teh effect would be similar). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free transformation tool and therefore moving the point had already tried it.I thought it would be that way but it doesn't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it not working, mate? Can you, please, be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a shape, perhaps shape hints would help guide it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried it and nothing ... it's frustrating ... I don't think it's an animation so complicated that it costs so much to do it in animate....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have insisted again with what you have commented and indeed it's with the shape hints, but the trick is in the order in which these points are placed. Apparently it isn't the same as one of the corners having A or B. It seems that way it works. We will see. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines