• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut brings up menus?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set custom keyboard shorctuts to "W" + "E" (W=move frame forward, E=eraser).

However sometimes they don't work and 50% of the time the shorcuts bring up either the "Window" (when I press W) or "Edit" (when I press E) menu.  I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a solution.  

Im on a Windows 10 machine with a Cintiq 24"  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would happen only when you press ALT first - it activates the menu bar.

Since you're on a Cintiq, also make sure you disable Windows Ink both in your Wacom driver and Animate's Preferences (Switch to WinTab).

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but strange though, I am also having issues of pressing shortcut keys and then suddenly activating menu bars, this is frustrating, yes I think it's from pressing Alt first because the computer still memorizes the Alt you pressed a few seconds ago...but talking about WinTab and Windows Ink, on my side it's the opposite when I switch to WinTab in Animate preferences, my pen loses its pressure, it draws like a mouse, I retarted Animate but still the same, so I put it back to Windows Ink, the only issue that remain is the Alt thing activating menu bar...(I am using Artist 22E) by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of animate are you using? 23.0.1 is the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines