Highlighted

Keyboard Shortcuts window is corrupted

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is what I get when I try to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.  I get this behavior for Adobe Animate 2019 and 2020, but the Keyboard Shortcuts window works properly for Adobe Animate 2018.  I'd really like to put a keyboard shortcut on (among other things) the Fluid Brush Tool.  My operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

03-corrupted-keyboard-shortcuts-window.jpg

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyboard Shortcuts window is corrupted

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is what I get when I try to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.  I get this behavior for Adobe Animate 2019 and 2020, but the Keyboard Shortcuts window works properly for Adobe Animate 2018.  I'd really like to put a keyboard shortcut on (among other things) the Fluid Brush Tool.  My operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

03-corrupted-keyboard-shortcuts-window.jpg

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 0
Guide ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I don't know what is causing this, but see if you have any display scaling enabled from your OS settings.

Maybe it's worth trying to disable it, i.e. reset everything to 100%. That might show you the panel without distortion.

Another thing that you can do is save a shortcut file in AA 18 and then move that to AA 20 and manually add an entry for the fluid brush.

Here is a line that you can add (paste) to the XML and it will just work:

<keycmd><cmd>Tool.GPUBrushRound</cmd><uchar>F</uchar></keycmd>

In this case I've bound the fluid brush to F. You can change the key.

The shortcuts file resides in:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2020\Shortcuts

But you will have to have a whole XML saved in AA 18 to start with.

Hope this helps!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0