Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy SVG export, exports new SVG style

Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the old style SVG export.

I would expect something labeled "Legacy Export" would give me a result consistent with the older software, but this is exporting the 'improved' svg which does not work with my web apps.

Is there anyway to get the old style SVG or am I stuck in 2018?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Hi KramSurfer2

first of all, where in Animate do you see "legacy Export" ? I only know File -> Export -> Export Image (Legacy) ... . Legacy here only refers to that this is the old Image Export routine. As it has been declared so, when a new Export Image ... was introduced a couple of versions ago (I'm not sure when and can't find the specific info right now, but propably with the re-branding to Animate.)

In no way does it mean SVG export (Legacy) !

Secondly what precisely is your "older software"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KramSurfer2

first of all, where in Animate do you see "legacy Export" ? I only know File -> Export -> Export Image (Legacy) ... . Legacy here only refers to that this is the old Image Export routine. As it has been declared so, when a new Export Image ... was introduced a couple of versions ago (I'm not sure when and can't find the specific info right now, but propably with the re-branding to Animate.)

In no way does it mean SVG export (Legacy) !

Secondly what precisely is your "older software" with which the 'improved' svg does not work? What do you mean when you are talking about "with my web apps"?

And too it would be interesting to know what the difference between the old and the new SVG format is. Is it something in the SVG declaration [coming through Image Export (legacy) in Animate]:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.1" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" preserveAspectRatio="none"

x="0px" y="0px" width="400px" height="391px" viewBox="0 0 400 391">

???

This is Scalable Vector Graphic as it is defined by the W3C SVG Working Group some 19 years ago. Okay, it might be the second edition of version 1.1, but still that would be 8 years old.

Of course not all browser supported in the past all SVG features. Specifically Internet Explorer was for a long time reluctant to join the full SVG bandwagon.

Maybe you should try SVGO, which is an Optimizer for SVGs in HTML. Here is the link to their web interface SVGOMG - SVGO's Missing GUI .

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"My web apps" are a host of web apps I've written for commerical use.  We've over 5000 unique users per day and we create SVG content for the app with Macromedia FX... oh I mean Animate CC.  ( apps use to be FLASH based )

The 'Legacy' export for the given file types all use the older interface and I would assume the old export code.

When selecting .svg filetype after utilizing the 'legacy export' option, ( which is a valid choice ), one would expect to get and SVG similar to the SVG from the older animate, not the 'new SVG' format introduced in 2019

You can see this post explaining the differences.  I'm not the only one.Static SVG Export change?

The path to usable SVG's in the browser was too long, but we're here now!  I'm not so worried about supporting Internet explorer... either is Mircosoft... haha  As they're going to be using Chromium soon...

've looked at SVGO in the past, it didn't work for me, thanks for meantioning it though...

I've put in a bug request, but I'll likely work around it before anything there happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines