• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legality of old Adobe Flash version

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm a (broke) college student interested in animation, and I've read on the internet that there's a specific version of Adobe Flash that is claimed to be "legal" to use for free (version MX2004). I don't wanna be an outlaw, and I'd rather avoid using it if it affects Adobe in any way (though I doubt it'd do much since it's a piece of software that's 16 years old). But I wanna know if it's possible to use it for professional endeavors.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Macromedia Flash, Adobe Flash or Adobe Animate has ever been free.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand the story correctly, there was a time when Adobe put CS2 product up for you to download whatever you wanted. That may be what you have read about. The catch is that it was done because the CS and CS2 installers no longer worked. Once you had done the download you would still need to have a license for the software.

It is possible that CS owners effectively got a CS2 upgrade without paying more money, but they had bought CS previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines