• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line segment selection working differently than expected

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to select and "trim" a small part of a line that intersects another line is a critical drawing feature in Animate. I've gotten used to using it at school, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to work the same way on my home computer.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 12.40.14 AM.png

I can't screenshot what I can't make happen, but when I use the selection tool (V) on the image above, I expect to be able to select at least five distinct parts: the two halves of the circle, the two ends of the line, and the middle of the line. Instead there are only two, the line and the circle, which are enclosed in rectangular boxes instead of highlighted with a dotted texture. If I erase part, it still only recognizes two objects. When I ctrl+A or click between frames, everything in the frame becomes selected the same way, with a box. The behavior is the same whether I draw with the Brush, Classic Brush, Pencil, or any of the shape tools.

I fully expect the answer to be obvious and make me feel stupid, but I'm not doing anything differently than I do at school, and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

You have Object drawing mode enabled, so each stroke and line you create become their own object and this is what you observe.

To get to where you want to be, select all and then Break Apart [ Ctrl+B ], so that all the wrapping gets released and you only have raw vector on the layer. Then the lines will intersect.

To switch Object drawing mode on or off use this little button either in PI:

Clipboard-2.png

or in the Toolbar:

Clipboard-3.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines