Highlighted

loadMovie to target issue

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this is a cross-post but I need help pretty quick. Noone is responding in General.

I'm trying to load a external movie clip (600x450_test.swf) to a target (targ02) on the main timeline.

I have a clip on the main timeline which contains all my buttons. The script (below) is in the first frame of this clip.

The external clip loads but replaces the entire main movie all together.

I've been away from Flash for a few weeks but I thought this was what always worked. Not near old files to check.

Script here:

stop();

this.btn_Installingyt.onRelease = function(){
_root.loadMovie("600x450_test.swf", "targ_02");
};

System: FlashPro8, XP.
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

loadMovie to target issue

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this is a cross-post but I need help pretty quick. Noone is responding in General.

I'm trying to load a external movie clip (600x450_test.swf) to a target (targ02) on the main timeline.

I have a clip on the main timeline which contains all my buttons. The script (below) is in the first frame of this clip.

The external clip loads but replaces the entire main movie all together.

I've been away from Flash for a few weeks but I thought this was what always worked. Not near old files to check.

Script here:

stop();

this.btn_Installingyt.onRelease = function(){
_root.loadMovie("600x450_test.swf", "targ_02");
};

System: FlashPro8, XP.
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2007 0
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is targ_02 an emptyMovieClip
or is that where you have your buttons located?

otherwise, just position targ_02 to where you need it..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2007 0
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks sketchsta.

targ_02 is an empty clip. and the instance name is correct.

My buttons are in a separate clip on the same timeline and placed where I want it.

seems this has worked a thousand times for me. weird.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2007 0
Advocate ,
Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use the loadMovieNum function like below?
loadMovieNum("600x450_test.swf", 2);

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2007 0
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, i hav no idea then... it shouldnt have anything to do with depth if it's a separate mc..

can you post your FLA so that i can have a look?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2007 0
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loadMovieNum("600x450_test.swf", 2);

--- Loads the movie to level 2, but not where I want. That's why I need to load at my target (target_02) location.

My script works fine when it's on the main timeline, just not from with my menu clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2007 0