• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my layers within my timeline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I'm very very new to Animate. I've managed to make a neat and simple animation, I published the animation and just before I saved I must have clicked or pushed something and I can't see my layers within my timeline anymore. They're all gone and when I press 'play' nothing happens....

Is there anyway to get this back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Sounds like you were inside a symbol instance (Edit Symbol). Double clicking outside of the symbol art when inside a symbol's timeline will bring you back to the parent timeline. This is a very very cool feature of Animate CC - every symbol has it's own timeline. It's like subsequences in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to windows>timeline turn it off and turn it on again. Does it fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked it out. Just to had to double click my canvas, I must've clicked off the side into the 'grey' area. Thanks for all the help in any case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you were inside a symbol instance (Edit Symbol). Double clicking outside of the symbol art when inside a symbol's timeline will bring you back to the parent timeline. This is a very very cool feature of Animate CC - every symbol has it's own timeline. It's like subsequences in Premiere Pro.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about trying to change the workspace

windows>click any workspace that you didn't use yet. It should restart everything, but you have to change it to fit your stile again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

going to post this in case someone is here and overlooked the very obvious like i did: try clicking the "View all layers" icon right below the word Timeline, it looks like a stack of layers - dah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines