• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low Res Gif files in Animate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating banner GIF ads that need to be under 150K. I can't get them to output from animate and retain quality. Do I need to make them in Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I do. I create the animation in Animate, then export it as a PNG sequence.

In Photoshop, I import the PNGs (as an image sequence) and ouput as animated GIF from there. I'm able to tweak the palette and watch the filesize from the export screen until I'm happy with the result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issue exactly you are facing in animate compared to photoshop ?

As GIF export settings are same in both photoshop and Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. You can export GIFs in the same way, but you can create better quality GIFs in Photoshop than you can in Animate. The same placed graphic files are falling apart in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export screen in Animate is an unusable mess for me (maybe this latest update fixes that).

export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information, we are looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines