Highlighted

Manage AIR SDK... causes Animate and Finder to lock up

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add the new AIR SDK to AnimateCC (version 19.1 Build 349). So I go to Help...Manage AIR SDK and this locks up Animate and seemingly Finder as well.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you have any workarounds.

Any ideas/help/suggestions appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Manage AIR SDK... causes Animate and Finder to lock up

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add the new AIR SDK to AnimateCC (version 19.1 Build 349). So I go to Help...Manage AIR SDK and this locks up Animate and seemingly Finder as well.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you have any workarounds.

Any ideas/help/suggestions appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 29, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this issue previously. If you have another computer for testing, can you retry using the same project and let us know? Also, if you have another project using which you can test and let let us know that would be useful as well

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's an issue with running on one of the machines - it is an old 2012 iMac. On my other (newer & more performant) machine it works - providing I open an AIR project first. On the older machine it hangs even with an empty (new AIR for iOS) project or no project open at all (so I don't *think* it's related to the project). But, when I Force Quit Animate, I see the AIR SDK window briefly (just before everything is shut down as a result of the quit). This used to work seamlessly - but I've not regressed earlier than Animate19 yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know. It looks like a system compatibility issue to me as well.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. However, have you seen this other similar discussion Re: Can't Open Adobe Animate - branched to adobe air sdk problem [kglad]​  The person in this discussion also seems to be having some difficulty. So it may be a system compatibility issue that may not be completely uncommon. The SDK config always seemed pretty robust in the past - it seems to be a little more sensitive at the moment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you reset your animate preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2019 1