• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masked Image still appearing in Test Scene

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a mask to hide part of a image I imported onto the stage.

When I play the scene in the timeline everything is perfect.

But when I TESTED THE SCENE the mask does nothing. I see the whole image, as if the mask wasn't even there.

I even TESTED A SCENE that had a different mask and it looked great....but that particular mask isn't being used on an imported image btw

What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

I've seen this happen if Advanced Layers are enabled in document settings. Disable that and test again to see if it resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the exact same process? Did you set the top layer as mask. Is your bottom layer nested in the mask layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the exact same process. The masking layer is on top and the layer that is meant to be masked is nested under the masking layer. Everything should work.

Also remember --- it looks fine when I play it in the timeline. But it doesn't work when I test the scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to identify whether the issue is structural, i.e. the location of that mask and image in relation to other symbols and layers or whether it is the mask itself.

First try to use a plain raw shape rectangle instead of your mask. Make sure it is not a Drawing object and is broken apart.

Also make sure the mask is ONE shape and not two or more separate ones, esp. if they are drawing objects.

If this ONE shape works, then look into your real mask and its points - if you have too many messy points the contour of the mask may not be clear and it can fail.

If the one raw rectangle mask does not work, you have to look at your layer structure. Sometimes masked symbols inside masked symbols may not work well, although in most cases will...

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josiahm

Very strange. hard to tell what's the cause. You could either share your file with us, or what I would do in such a case is delete the mask layer and do everything again from scratch. Who knows that often helps.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen this happen if Advanced Layers are enabled in document settings. Disable that and test again to see if it resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines