• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking layer messing up my animation when I export

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So im making an animation in Animate CC 2019 and i decided to shade some characters in a scene by using a mask. It looks reall good and fine in the program but everytime I render or export in media encoder or even when I watch a preview the masks look extremeley messed up. The shading turns off and on and flickers as well as add this really strande blurry outline in and on my characters. Can anyone please help me figure out how to fix this?

Heres a screencap of what I have in the program.

0.PNG

Now here's whar it looks like when I render it.

1.PNG

I know for sure that this is an issue with the masks because when I delete the mask the render looks normal. (although my shading is all janked).

Anthing would help me so mcuh, Thnak you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

I actually figured out what was wrong! the mask layer was an overlay layer with a few other effects added on it! After I set the layer to normal and removed all the other jazz it fixed the problem and the naimation rendered normally. Thank you so much for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

What a beautiful shot!

You say mask, but you should provide more specific info about your layer / symbol stucture.

The only thing I would suggest at this stage (SWF export obviously fails) is to try and see if exporting a PNG sequence will produce the desired result. 

If so, export audio separately to WAV and recombine them to render the final video in Premiere.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually figured out what was wrong! the mask layer was an overlay layer with a few other effects added on it! After I set the layer to normal and removed all the other jazz it fixed the problem and the naimation rendered normally. Thank you so much for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines