• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging layers makes the file super heavy

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hello to everybody, first of all sorry for my English. 

I'm new to Animate (version 20.0) and I'm facing some problem. I'm doing some small animations but I faced problems with the very first of them. I have my .FLA file and I need to update it, adding some details etc.

When I convert it to .GIF everything is fine, but when I make the .SWF or another video-type of saving, the layers/colors are wrong. I think this happens because (since I'm a new user and Idk how to do things properly) I made some layers with 50% of visibility or some tween weirdness and stuff like that. 

So, I suppose I need to modify a bit the layers/drawings etc, which is ok.

The problem is the fact the file has so many levels, way too many, which I need to merge to just few of them to work on, but every time I merge the layers, the file becomes heavy and heavier, from about 800MB (which is already a lot compared to longer video that I made later) to 4 GB and more, to a point where Animate crashes and I need to go back to the original 800MB(many layers) file and try another way to work. 

So, how to merge the layers keeping a lighter file? And how to keep a lighter file in general? 

I'm a noob so maybe the answer to solve this is very easy but I'm stuck on it since days now. Also I would not to do the same mistakes with the new files I should work on. 

Thank you very much. Merk. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you make a swf and you clicking file>publish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I think I explained it badly. 

I want to edit the FLA file, merge the layers etc to create a lower number of layers to work on them to fix the error.

Cause when I make the file 'play' on the Animate window it works well, the same when I save/publish it as gif, then if I publish it as animation (SWF etc) it has wrong colours. 

If I have 50+ layers I'm not able to understand which one I need to modify to do the work done.

And when I merge the layers it's the FLA file that becomes heavy and make the software crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

50+ layers isn't a problem for animate.  the limit is 16,000 layers.

however, there's a much smaller number (somewhere ~10) of semi-transparent objects that can be over-laid without causing graphic anomalies and it doesn't matter whether they're in the same layer or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines