• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Meta name "ad.size" in exported HTML does not match Stage size in Animate CC

Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a series of online display ads in Animate CC and exported them as HTML5.  They animate correctly and look fine in a browser test straight from Animate CC, but when testing it on the HTML5 Validator​ and some ads were getting cropped.  Well, I discovered that it uses the Meta name "ad.size" to discern the ad size and generate the frame to show the ad in.  But Animate CC is not generating the Meta Name ad.size to match the size of the Stage.

The first ad I created generates the correct Meta Name ad.size dimensions.  Then I duplicated that project and modified the Stage size for the next ad.  But Animate CC isn't recognizing that change and continues assigning the ad.size with the original pixel dimensions.

How do I get Animate CC to use the current Stage size when generating the ad.size dimensions so that it matches the stage size?

I have 16 ads completed and it's a real inconvenience to have to fix that with every little change on every ad.  I fairly new at using Animate CC so, I'm hoping it's some simple preference checkbox that I don't know about.

Thank you!

5327716A-00FA-44F3-9813-160DEFEE52CC.png

25649255-85B1-4E6A-8578-D8EB46D6A7F6.png 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Nevermind.  I found the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind.  I found the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help other users very much if you could post the solution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My question was incorrect.  Animate CC was not adding the Meta name "ad.size" to the code.  I was adding a click tag code to the ad, and in doing so I was copying and pasting the code to define the meta tag but I wasn't changing the dimensions to match the canvas size.  So the line:  <meta name="ad.size" content="width=728,height=90"> needed to be changed to match the ad size in which I was pasting this line of code into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines