Highlighted

Missing Animate video for export AIR for Androïd

New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I made an AIR for Android application via the latest version of Animate CC. I added animations, images, sounds and a video.

Once my APK file is installed on my tablet, everything works except my video, and I don’t understand why...

It is exported in H264 and I tested all formats but nothing is shown! However, when I use the "test" function on my computer before publishing, it works...

I’ve done a lot of research and tested the application on other Android devices, but it still doesn’t show up...

Can anyone help me please ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing Animate video for export AIR for Androïd

New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I made an AIR for Android application via the latest version of Animate CC. I added animations, images, sounds and a video.

Once my APK file is installed on my tablet, everything works except my video, and I don’t understand why...

It is exported in H264 and I tested all formats but nothing is shown! However, when I use the "test" function on my computer before publishing, it works...

I’ve done a lot of research and tested the application on other Android devices, but it still doesn’t show up...

Can anyone help me please ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Are you including your videos in the AIR for Android Settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried this option too, but still no video displayed on the tablet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

And how are you loading/displaying your videos? Through components, with AS3 only...? And what are the paths to your videos?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a video that was exported with Première Pro, in H264 (I tested many other formats, but the result is the same).It’s located in a folder next to my fla file.

To import it, I drag it into the library and load the external video with a playback component: a "FLVPlayBack" file is created and I import it into my scene

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

Can I see your FLA with at least one video - and/or with placehold artworks if privacy is a concern to you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m currently working on a test file  with a simple black button that returns to the next page (where the video -  in this file it's a simple video found on youtube as an example - should appear) so I’m sending you this because the file of my final work is a bit long and there are many steps before getting to the video, but it is the same principle as for my test file.

You’ll see, the video shows up when you test it from your computer, but once you put and install the APK on a tablet or an Androïd device, it never shows up.

The WeTransfer link for my folder : https://we.tl/t-FwQhB27aXM

Thank you very much for the time you spend to helping me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I got it working on my Android phone.

The issue is happening because your file is using absolute paths. Use relative paths instead.

So instead of using:

C:\Users\Tiffany\Desktop\TEST_VIDEO_\video\closer_the_chainsmokers.mp4

Use:

video/closer_the_chainsmokers.mp4

Anyway, there seems to be a problem with your FLA /and or the AIR version you're targetting. Because when I reset the paths (both in the AIR settings and in the component source) Animate was using absolute paths. Make sure it doesn't happen.

But when I included one single video in the AIR settings instead of including a whole folder the problem went away. This is clearly a bug.

The best you can do is to update your AIR SDK because probably this bug has already been fixed in the latest version.

Download Adobe AIR SDK

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help.

I did what you told me, however, still no improvement. I just haven’t figured out how to change the paths of my video, is there a particular method?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019 0