• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify > Arrange is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm just starting to learn flash, and i would like to bring a layer (the desk) to the foreground (front). however, when attempting to do this, the program will not let me, with the option greyed out. what am i doing wrong? (I am using flash CS5.5)

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 11.41.57 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

That what I said about that raw shapes can't be Arranged was only meant for everything in one layer. When you have two or more layers, a layer is in vertical order always on top of another one being further down. No matter the layers contain raw shapes, groups, drawing objects or symbols.

So going back to your screenshot. When you want the rectangle (the desk) in front of all the other stuff, you have to move the Layer 1 vertically above Layer 2. By literally dragging Layer 1 ↑ up above Layer 2.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 2 layers - arrange is for working the stack of objects within a single layer... so do you only have a single object within that layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i only have one object on each layer. How would i make it so I can display one layer in front of or behind the other one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What you have selected here is a shape. You can't arrange a raw shape with i.e. Send Backward. First when you either group the shape (ctrl/cmd + g) or when you convert it into a symbol (Modify -> Convert to Symbol...) you will be able to use Arrange.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for replying, now i know to convert to symbols before i try to arrange. How would i make it so I can display one layer in front of or behind the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That what I said about that raw shapes can't be Arranged was only meant for everything in one layer. When you have two or more layers, a layer is in vertical order always on top of another one being further down. No matter the layers contain raw shapes, groups, drawing objects or symbols.

So going back to your screenshot. When you want the rectangle (the desk) in front of all the other stuff, you have to move the Layer 1 vertically above Layer 2. By literally dragging Layer 1 ↑ up above Layer 2.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines