Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify > Combine Objects > Union

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i can't work with animate cc because there is a new feature since flash cs that ruined my entire workflow.

i use to combine shapes in a union instead of a group. i know both have a lot of pros and cons. (just for example fast switching colors or using the rubber).

but since animate cc when i click on my union, it not shows a simple, rectangle border like groups do. it shows the outline of every shape inside. i work with very complex vector objects. all the time i've to wait for animate showing the complex borders. so this new borderstyle is no option to work with.

is there a way to deactivate this view and bring the simple rectangle border back?

does someone else has the same problem?

i'm still using flash cs because animate is not useful with this bordertype for my kind of work.

hope to find a solution.

best,

martha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

You are requesting that the bounding box of the selected drawing object not conform to its shape within but rather to the rectangle is used to be. I remember this and I agree with you that it made life easier visually.

I would request this yourself to the team using this form...

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Great to see, that Adobe changed it back in one of the last updates (maybe half year ago)! So this topic is solved. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, thanks for the answer, but it's not what i'm looking / asking for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are requesting that the bounding box of the selected drawing object not conform to its shape within but rather to the rectangle is used to be. I remember this and I agree with you that it made life easier visually.

I would request this yourself to the team using this form...

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think the border I mean is called "bounding box". I made a request to toggle the bounding box style. thanks for the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the team adds a toggle to Animate's preferences to please everyone because for me it makes more sense and it's more useful to see the actual shape of drawing objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a toggle in the preferences would be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems with the bounding box conforming to the shape within it, it makes it difficult to see what is selected. Especially if the color of the layer outline is similar to the shape's fill color. One workaround for this is to change the outline color of the layer to a color that contrasts the art inside the drawing object.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the problem is the performance. I have often hundreds of objects. Or vectorized JPGs. Or imported graphics from illustrator. and everytime i select them i have to wait for the bounding boxes. no option for a fast workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to see, that Adobe changed it back in one of the last updates (maybe half year ago)! So this topic is solved. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines