Highlighted

Most browsers don't like my interactive HTML5

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just completed a interactive infographic, made on a HTML5 canvas in Adobe Animate on my Mac.

It seems now that the navigation (interactivity) only works well in Firefox. In Safari, Chrome and Opera the interactivity just doesn't respond on clicks.

Are there any known issues playing here?

Thanks in advance!

Ap

Hi,

Have you tried your infographic on a server? Some browser security stop clicks when you test it locally.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Most browsers don't like my interactive HTML5

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just completed a interactive infographic, made on a HTML5 canvas in Adobe Animate on my Mac.

It seems now that the navigation (interactivity) only works well in Firefox. In Safari, Chrome and Opera the interactivity just doesn't respond on clicks.

Are there any known issues playing here?

Thanks in advance!

Ap

Hi,

Have you tried your infographic on a server? Some browser security stop clicks when you test it locally.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 24, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2019 3
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't.

Will try!

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Gory+Greg  wrote

They aren't stopping clicks, they're stopping JavaScript from retrieving pixel data from the canvas, because those browsers' broken security models consider ALL files on the local filesystem as coming from different domains, even if they're in the same folder. Currently the only major browsers that handle this correctly are Firefox, Edge, and IE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2019 1
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was putting it in the terms that the person with the problem used so as to give them a speedy reply and also hopefully help them understand it was a browser issue and not something they had or hadn't done. But thanks for the info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2019 0
Kiegie LATEST
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked just fine when put on extern server. Funnily enough it was Firefox which presented some problems now, the others clicked and 'retrieved pixel data' like there was no tomorrow.

Thanks again for the hint, Gory G.!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019 1