• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion graphics templates with Actionscript 3 - general ideas.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I understand this is not an Adobe product forum, still my question is about Adobe products. Just not one in particular. Please refere (or move) me to another forum if there is one more appropriate.

So, I used to do a lot of actionscript 3. Websites, FB-Apps etc. I do not miss Flash in the web browser. But I do miss coding in as3.

But even before Steve Jobs "killed" Flash, I transitioned to motion graphics and using After Effects and Maya / Cinema 4D.

After some years of working as a freelancer I ended up working for a broadcast station. Here we use a lot of templates for infographics (lower thirds, packshots, endslates, etc).

Before I came here, the usual workflow would be that the editor/cutter would open After Effects where they would find a "EDIT-Comp" with text fields to fill in text and things like color or alignment. Then there could things like a "FOOTAGE-Comp" and/or a "LOGO-Comp" where they could paste video and graphics. In the end they would render the "RENDER-Comp" and get their final dirty clip as prores or mxf.

Now we started to work with MOGRTs, which is nice since the cutter doesn't have to leave premiere for their work and no one can accidentally delete or move something in the template.

BUT, the MOGRTs are very limited and not flexible at all (no blendmodes or effects pass through to the premiere footage, textfields are clunky, no custom images can be loaded).

So my actual question would be, after not having dealt with Flash or Actionscript3 in several years:

Would it be somehow possible to create a standalone Flash/Actionscript app where the cutter can load images and or videos (broadcast quality) in, do some textediting and settings and then export a video in broadcast quality?

How are you dealing with this?

Thank you very much for any input,

Uli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

adobe animate works with adobe media encoder (ame) to export video.  whether you can achieve 'broadcast quality' or not, i don't know.  that's due to my ignorance of what 'broadcast quality' entails, but i suspect it's doable because of the many export options in ame.

in any case, it should be easy for you to test.  import some stuff into animate (or just create your own animation in animate), click file>export>export video and see if ame offers what you need.

[moved from ActionScript 3 to Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe animate works with adobe media encoder (ame) to export video.  whether you can achieve 'broadcast quality' or not, i don't know.  that's due to my ignorance of what 'broadcast quality' entails, but i suspect it's doable because of the many export options in ame.

in any case, it should be easy for you to test.  import some stuff into animate (or just create your own animation in animate), click file>export>export video and see if ame offers what you need.

[moved from ActionScript 3 to Adobe Animate]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines