• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Tween + Camera Pan + 3D Rotation Tool is not Working

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a brief description, I'm currently working on a school project where we've just been introduced to Animate, so I may not be completely knowledgable here, however, I'm seeing a couple confusing issues when I try to blend the use of the 3D rotation tool and motion tween to make the effect of a door opening.

When I try rotating the door in 3D, it teleports over to the left a ways and rotates around that axis instead of where I want it (at the door). However, when I export the .swf file, it renders differently. Instead of teleporting to the left, it just jitters about the hinge and that's it. I'm really confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the door at the beginning of the motion tween

Door at Beginning of Motion TweenDoor at Beginning of Motion Tween

Here the door has swung all the way to the right. Note that the center point for the rotation is on the edge of the door, but the door itself rotates well beyond that axis.

Door Swings too far to the RightDoor Swings too far to the Right 

When I export the scene, the door doubles up and glitches around, but doesn't swing all the way to the right as it does in the timeline before I export.

Door glitches upon export.Door glitches upon export.

To me this looks like a bug, but I need to have some sort of work-around here to actually smoothly animate the door opening. Until then, I'll try aniamting it some other way, but this seems really annoying. I think this has something to do with the camera panning? Again, thanks in advance to anyone who has the time to look at this and give their suggestions.

TOPICS
Error , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Hi,

seems like there is too much involved, especially if you are new to Animate.

I suggest using a simple shape tween with shape hints.

So place your door (closed) in one keyframe as an Ungrouped Object (not a symbol - or press Command B to break it apart from the library and make it an ungrouped vector object) then about 5-10 frames down the timeline place the art for the open door as you showed in your screenshots above (also make sure it is ungrouped) then right click between these two ke

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think this issue is a bug, I suggest sharig your feedback with the team directly using this link http://adobe.ly/1Ov9omX

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I'll do that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

seems like there is too much involved, especially if you are new to Animate.

I suggest using a simple shape tween with shape hints.

So place your door (closed) in one keyframe as an Ungrouped Object (not a symbol - or press Command B to break it apart from the library and make it an ungrouped vector object) then about 5-10 frames down the timeline place the art for the open door as you showed in your screenshots above (also make sure it is ungrouped) then right click between these two keyframes and select "Shape Tween". 

When you play it back it won't look like you want it... .but now you just have to add shape hints one at a time to lock in the pivet points. 

But once its complete it can't be moved (since it will disrupt all the shape hints) so might be smart to create this in a movieclip so you can move it and scale it and even recolor it.

Hope that helps!
cheers, 
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that when I have the opportunity to do so. Thank you so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are very welcome!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines