Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Tween easing HELP

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Im trying to have an object move around a curved motion path using motion tweening. I have set that all up wehre the ibject moves from one point to another in a cuirved motion but now i would like to ease it in and ease it out. Ive openened the tween settings by double clikcing the timeline and have tried many differnt options inlcuding custom eases but all of them change the curved path that the object takes. Is there any way to have and ease in and out without it affecting the motion path

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I'm no expert in Motion Tweens and I advise against using them, as they are very unpleasant to deal with, but a quick test shows that easing does not change the motion path.

Here is the path. You can adjust the bezier handles with the Subselection Tool.

Clipboard-2.png

Here is how I gave it ease in and out:

Double-clicked to expand, then chose Location and clicked on the Easing button and chose 'Custom'.

Adjusted the graph's handles to get ease in and ease out. This was immediately reflected in the distribution of the dots on the motion path and no changes to the path occurred.

Clipboard-1.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh thats what i tried but for some reason when i do that the dots move away from hte line with the line still there but the objects follows the dots. Is there anyway to have a curved path using classic tweens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I would do.

1. Burn the motion layer to the ground. Let nothing remain of it.
  2. Create a guide layer. Use that as your "motion path".
  3. Use a classic tween to animate your symbol across the path. The easing on classic tweens can be customized trivially without second-order effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahahah can you explian a bit more about the guide layer and how to have a curved path with the lcassic tween as that is what id rather do thabnks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This stuff is all on the internet, you know. Guide layers have existed for around 20 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHjgwEoMgjA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines